Hand embroidery patterns
All the patterns below are digital downloads, making it quick and easy to choose a design, download your pattern and get stitching – no matter what time zone you live in! The easiest way to view and print your PDF patterns is with Adobe Reader, which is free to download and install.
Each pattern includes:
- Fabric, needle and thread requirements: A list of the type of fabric, DMC six-stranded cotton thread colours and the required needle types and sizes for the embroidery.
- Transfer instructions: Various options for transferring the design on to fabric.
- Embroidery instructions: The illustrated instructions tell you which embroidery stitch, DMC thread colour and how many strands of thread to use, as well as any additional embroidery instructions.
- Reference photographs: The full-colour photo on the front page and close-up photos inside serve as references when stitching.
- Embroidery design: The designs are given at full size (100%) with a join line where necessary, as well as in reverse for creating iron-on transfers.
- Printing: The PDF document is set up to fit on A4 or US letter-sized paper for easy printing on a home printer.
Other than the samplers, the patterns do not include stitch instructions – you’ll find those in 120 Embroidery Stitches, an ebook designed to accompany the patterns that contains the instructions for every single embroidery stitch used in the designs so far.
"I’ve worked so many of Kelly’s designs, and I just can’t say enough good things about them. The designs are beautiful, obviously, but once you begin working, you’re really able to appreciate the attention to detail Kelly gives to each pattern.” – Courtney, Trabuco Canyon, CA, US